 CAD / 9305
9304  |  9306
Subject:
LPub support for external POV post processors (was Sand Green)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 13:55:36 GMT

Mike,
  I like the external POV post processor idea a lot, although I'll try not
to use it as a catch all for denying LPub enhancements ;-)

  It would be a command line mechanism with command line arguments.  I can
see these things being possibly useful as arguments:

  POV-name
  dat-name
  step number

as well as whatever constant values you'd like to provide.  My experience
with running these external programs (like lsynth) is that you can run into
command line length issues, so it is better to create a batch file for
running these things.  The batch file adds the neccessary directory to the
path, then invokes the post-processor with all the agruments.  LPub would
need to know the path of the program, and any parameters you might want.  I
could provide magic keywords that mean pov-name, dat-name, step-number, etc,
and you could provide any constant arguments you might want as well.

Do we want post-processors for the temporary DATs before they are sent to
L3P, construction images, part list images, and BOMs as well?

This seems like a *very* handy concept for power users.

Discussion?

Kevin