 CAD / 9323
Re: Sand Green and POV
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 20:41:25 GMT

"Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:H90qHs.CCn@lugnet.com...
[...snip light discussion...]

I have found that putting a shadowless light _exactly_ at the camera point
makes sure there are no visible areas showing only the 'ambient' color. In
this way textures (and reflections) are a bit more prominent, even in the
darker areas ('ambient only' shows no surface pertuberations etc.).

This extra light should have a value lower than 1.0, or the total lighting
will be too much.

For the moment I'm doing AnkerCAD renderings, where the following values
work good:

// This is the shadow casting light
light_source {
  <0,2000,5000>
  color rgb 0.55*<1, 1, 1>
}

// At the same pos as the camera, to make sure no visible area is 'ambient
only'
light_source {
  <4213,4240,6017>
  color rgb 0.35*<1, 1, 1>
  shadowless
}

// A shadowless light far away, to have a larger lighted area on the 'table'
light_source { <0, 5000000, 0> color 0.5*<1, 1, 1> shadowless }

This might be more important for my Anker renderings, as every stone is
textured, I haven't tested this on BlockCAD/LDRAW related renderings yet.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm