 CAD / 9294
Re: Sand Green and POV
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 02:16:23 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Travis Dickinson writes:
I've run into this problem before using Pov-Ray.  What you need to do is
find the line that calls the complete model (will be just before the
camera statement) and remove the #if statement.  For example:
   Remove
        #if (version >= 3.1) material #else texture #end { Color7 }
   from
        object { _3001a_dot_ldr #if (version >= 3.1) material #else
texture #end { Color7 } }

What's happening is that the final color declaration overriding the sand
green color.  Tends to happen with custom colors.

Travis Dickinson
http://home.sc.rr.com/sivar/

Thanks for the info. I'm curious if there is a way to work around this
without changing POV code. I have been using LPub (and loving it) and of
course, can't modify the POV code.

Is there a way to add Sand Green (and other custom colors for that matter)
to the colors.inc file to avoid this? Or some other solution?

Thanks!

Jake

---
Jake McKee