 CAD / 9293
Re: LSynth 2.0 Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 22:36:04 GMT

I agree that it should ask.  For example I keep my LDraw files in
C:\Program Files\LDraw and MLCAD in C:\Program Files\MLCAD.  It was a
little awkward to set up, but it works great.

If LDraw used a proper Windows installer then this wouldn't be an
issue, as the info would be in the registry as you say.

--Bill.

"Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> writes:
Hi Dave,
  Right now the installer is too simple.  It needs to know where the LDraw
directory is, so it can add some parts to your parts directory.

  It does a simple search for this:  LDRAW\MKLIST.EXE on your hard disks.

It cannot find it.  I'd guess one of three possibilies:
  You have not named the installed LDraw into a directory named LDRAW.
  You do not have a program called MKLIST.EXE in a folder named LDRAW
  The find mechanism in the installer is messed up.

I need you to do some research and let me know.

As our beloved Ahui pointed out to me in an email, it would be better to ask
where the LDraw directory is, than try to search for it.

IMHO, it would be best if the LDraw install left a note somewhere
(registry?) that tells us third party software folks where LDraw is
installed.  Sigh.

Kevin

In lugnet.cad, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.announce, Kevin Clague writes:
I'm pleased to announce the internet release of LSynth 2.0, a bendable part
synthesizer for the LDraw family of CAD tools.
You can get LSynth at http://www.users.qwest.net/~kclague

I'm chomping at the bit for this program, but I'm getting a "LDraw must be
installed" error when I try to install LSynth 2.0.  This is especially
baffling to me, since I used LEdit not two minutes prior to trying to
install LSynth.  Do I need to install it in a particular directory?

   Dave!

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by
little statesmen and philosophers and divines."        - Emerson