 CAD / 9192
Re: LSynth 2.0 Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 20:09:58 GMT

I downloaded the program, opened a DOS window and typed "LSynth_setup.exe"
and got the following...

This program cannot be run in DOS mode.

Windows 2000 Professional.

  Ron

In lugnet.cad, Kevin Clague writes:
Hi Don,
The setup was supposed to give you choices on where you wanted it to install,
what program group you wanted start menus under, and confirm that you wanted to
install.

LSynth needs some special LDraw parts, so after it copies the parts into the
parts directory, it runs mklist (which is why the DOS window pops up).

When it is all done, you should have an LSynth entry in your start menu.

I want to release the actual synthesis program, lsynthcp to sourceforge so
many can work on it (hopefully some more mathematically inclined than I ;^).  I
intentionally wrote the synthesizer in ANSI C, so that it would be portable to
*real* operating systems (i.e. unix ;-) without any work.

There is a lot done, but there is still lots to do.

Kevin

In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse writes:
In lugnet.cad, Kevin Clague writes:
I fixed the URL.

http://www.users.qwest.net/~kclague/lsynth/LSynth_setup.exe

So where does the setup program put things?  When I ran it it
flashed a DOS window for a split second, then went away.

Don

PS.  Any chance you'll release the source code to the command line
portion, lsynthcp?  That sounds like it might be useful for other
platforms besides Windows.