 CAD / 9304
Re: Sand Green and POV
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 13:20:51 GMT

Mike,
  LPub has always used shadowless lights for building instructions.  2.0.1.5
also has the ability to override ambient, diffuse and specular reflections
default values created by L3P.

  I now turn reflections off, set ambient to 0.7 and diffuse to 0.3.  This
creates a less realistic picture, and looks very nice.

  I've added the post-post-processing of POV files to the list.

Kevin

In lugnet.cad, Mike Walsh writes:

"Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.cad, Mike Walsh writes:

[ ... snipped ... ]

What do you have in the include file?  Is it something you can't setup • using
the L3P interface?

[ ... snipped ... ]

I have a include file that I use for lighting.  It defines a shadowless
light source that simulates the sun.  For instruction images the shadows
actually detract from the final result in my opinion.  So what I would like
to do is post process the generated POV files and delete the lighting
section and replace it with an include directive.

I could do this with a fairly simple Awk script if LPub had a facility to
pause between generating POV images and actually rendering them.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com