 CAD / 9312
Re: LPub support for external POV post processors (was Sand Green)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 15:45:31 GMT

Mike,

  Can I offer embedded perl as a counter offer to Tcl?  Perl is a very
powerful language for manipulating text files.

Kevin

In lugnet.inst, Mike Walsh writes:

[snip]

Let's add a Tcl scripting interface!  Actually, it isn't a bad idea.  I
would think some of the processing steps I am thinking of could be handled
really easily with Tcl.

While I can't think any immediate need to post process .dat files, I am sure
someone else will.  I would imagine there will be a desire to do some sort
of user processing on any of the items you mention above.

However, I think your proposal above would address all of the items I can
think of right now.  Last night Steve Barile and I were discussing this very
topic.  He had a similar need with something he was doing with MegaPOV.  He
had to touch all of his POV files to add the necessary edge detect code.

I really like the post processing idea for the items listed, especially the
images, because it would again centralize and streamline the process of
generating building instructions.

Kevin