 Adventurers / 379
Re: Toward LUGNET equality
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 20:45:11 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
I thought the whole thing was suffering from topic drift and I had stopped
answering on the parts I thought were drifting (TV = Movie).  That's why I
thought Todd shunted it over to general (which I don't read).  I don't have a
big problem with that (got to tease Todd unmercifully).

As to the Adventurers movie theme being appropriate to this board - again, I
wouldn't have seen it had it been posted anywhere else.  And that would have
been a shame.  I don't want to go on an Adventurer's like Safari to hunt these
things down.  Either the topic should be broader to include all discussions
that are on the Adventurer line, split it into "Lego Adventurer bits and • pieces
only" and "Adventurer related", or a cumbersome "Hey, go over *here*" message
on the Adventurers forum (which could be a bad precedent given the number of
"for sale" messages that appear in the theme forum).

I really enjoy Mark's enthusiasm for the adventurers line.  Talking endlessly
about which tan piece appears in which set bores me after awhile (needs to be
done, of course).  I'd hate to see that joy and sense of fun squashed.

Bruce

Thanks for the kind words Bruce.  I feel better after having read some of this
afternoon's comments.  The bottom line is that I love the Adventurers theme
and I only want to share that love with others.  I am glad to know some of you
out there realize that.

Cheers,
Mark