 Adventurers / 370
Re: Toward LUGNET equality
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 17:34:37 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Kevin Wilson writes:
I was watching that Adventurers movie thread in .General myself with
some irritation, since I am not interested in it at all and it really
didn't belong there.

That is a very legitimate complaint, and for that I am sorry.  I will be more
attentive to this in the future.

The thing about Lugnet is not that it excludes certain types of
discussion, but that it directs discussion into focused areas, so that
people only see what they ask to see. There are plenty of areas for
discussions not related to lego - see the offtopic groups - as well as a
myriad of focused groups for any type of Lego discussion. If you feel
that there isn't a suitable group for what you want to discuss, you can
ask Todd about creating one - he has donw it before for special
requests, if there was support for the idea (ie more than 1 person
interested!).

Thanks for the suggestion.  I had thought that my original topics were focused
enough, but as is often the case the subsequent discussions sometimes went
wildly in all directions.  I guess I then took the criticism of some a little
too personally. Finally when those in the discussions with me didn't voice
support or any opinions at all I got upset.  This is after all just a Lego
site and nothing of global interest is decided here.  For that reason I was
upset that some made a big deal about my threads, but by the same token I
shouldn't let it bother me.

Thanks,
Mark L