 Adventurers / 365
  Toward LUGNET equality

Adventurers, Some here at LUGNET are not too happy with postings put in this group recently. That is unfortunate. A few individuals have deemed that all of us are not discussing things 100% lego at all times. Should I be searching for another forum (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Re: Toward LUGNET equality

(...) Hi Mark, I was watching that Adventurers movie thread in .General myself with some irritation, since I am not interested in it at all and it really didn't belong there. The thing about Lugnet is not that it excludes certain types of (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Re: Toward LUGNET equality

(...) stay focused, as hard as it sometimes is. If I sometimes go off on a tangent (as I sometimes do), I always try to remember to relate the topic to LEGO before finishing the post. If I can't relate it to anything in LEGO, then I shouldn't be (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Re: Toward LUGNET equality

In lugnet.adventurers, Mark Lindsey writes: <snip well thought out commentary> Mark, I don't think most people have a big problem with the topics you've been discussing. I think people have had a problem with >where< you've been discussing them. As (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Toward LUGNET equality

(...) I think perhaps you've gotten the wrong impression! Everything you've been mentioning can (and should!) be posted to LUGNET, it's just a matter of posting it to the right place... Part of the reason that LUGNET exists is to allow people to (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Toward LUGNET equality

(...) That is a very legitimate complaint, and for that I am sorry. I will be more attentive to this in the future. (...) Thanks for the suggestion. I had thought that my original topics were focused enough, but as is often the case the subsequent (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Re: Toward LUGNET equality

(...) get smacked occasionally. He is most often correct. We should (...) (as I sometimes do), I always try to remember to relate the (...) LEGO, then I shouldn't be posting it there. That's why (...) I hear you. I think that I was more upset by the (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Re: Toward LUGNET equality

(...) to relate a wider group of topics to a specific Lego theme. Mark L (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Toward LUGNET equality

Mark Lindsey <markwars@fcmail.com> wrote in message news:FKoLC4.84B@lugnet.com... (...) Ok, Personally, I wasn't into the adventurers movie thing that was floating around, but then I exercised my 'don't read that section' prerogative and moved on. (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Re: Toward LUGNET equality

(...) Mark.... Not one to sit idly by (well...not -usually- <grin>), a relevant thought occurs to me. I took the list you assembled to be a matter of research into -sources of inspiration- for those of us who are interested in this theme, and not as (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Toward LUGNET equality

(...) Thanks, you see my point perfectly. (...) We agree entirely on this as well. (...) Thanks for your well timed and well put words Roger. I am glad you liked the list. Play well, Mark L (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Toward LUGNET equality

(...) This is the first post that made me laugh all day. Thanks for the levity Tom. Mark L (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Re: Toward LUGNET equality

I thought the whole thing was suffering from topic drift and I had stopped answering on the parts I thought were drifting (TV = Movie). That's why I thought Todd shunted it over to general (which I don't read). I don't have a big problem with that (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Re: Toward LUGNET equality

(...) pieces (...) Thanks for the kind words Bruce. I feel better after having read some of this afternoon's comments. The bottom line is that I love the Adventurers theme and I only want to share that love with others. I am glad to know some of you (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Toward LUGNET equality

(...) I don't think I said anything except a brief note via email to about 5 or 6 people (at once) and said, TSL> ok guys, time to take this off-topic thread out of .general" TSL> TSL> --Todd I don't have any problem with movie lists being discussed (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Toward LUGNET equality

(...) No, I wanted to shunt it _away_from_ lugnet.general, not _over_to_ lugnet.general... (are you teasing again? ;-) --Todd [followups to lugnet.admin.general] (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Toward LUGNET equality

(...) a (...) Oh gawd - there's a lugnet.admin.general and a lugnet.general. Whatever. Please tell me *you* are teasing! Bruce (I'm teasing...*this* time) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Toward LUGNET equality

(...) Hmmm.... There are several .off-topic groups. Most of the stupid threads (sorry, but that's what I think of them as) end up being moved to .off-topic.fun. I never read the Adventurers Movie thread, which I assume this is about, mainly because (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Re: Toward LUGNET equality

(...) Lighten up, Francis;-) -John (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Toward LUGNET equality

(...) I would direct you to this post by Todd. (URL) for your opinions, they are your opinions and mine are mine. I am just glad we both have a forum to say just that. Cheers, Mark L (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)