 Adventurers / 366
Re: Toward LUGNET equality
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 16:58:14 GMT

Mark Lindsey wrote:
Some here at LUGNET are not too happy with postings put in this group
recently.  That is unfortunate.

Hi Mark,

I was watching that Adventurers movie thread in .General myself with
some irritation, since I am not interested in it at all and it really
didn't belong there.

The thing about Lugnet is not that it excludes certain types of
discussion, but that it directs discussion into focused areas, so that
people only see what they ask to see. There are plenty of areas for
discussions not related to lego - see the offtopic groups - as well as a
myriad of focused groups for any type of Lego discussion. If you feel
that there isn't a suitable group for what you want to discuss, you can
ask Todd about creating one - he has donw it before for special
requests, if there was support for the idea (ie more than 1 person
interested!).

So am I
to search for a group posting format that will allow for all ideas to >be discussed, no matter how far out they may be, with equanimity?

If that's what you want, it already exists, as RTL: but Lugnet was
created partly because that fact about RTL - that almost anything goes -
caused a desire for more focused groups.

Kevin
--
Email: kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com
Web page: