 Adventurers / 374
Re: Toward LUGNET equality
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 17:54:35 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Mark Lindsey writes:
In lugnet.adventurers, Gary R. Istok writes:
Mark, If you got a "smack on the hand" by Todd, don't worry about it.  We all • get smacked occasionally.  He is most often correct.  We should
stay focused, as hard as it sometimes is.  If I sometimes go off on a tangent • (as I sometimes do), I always try to remember to relate the
topic to LEGO before finishing the post.  If I can't relate it to anything in • LEGO, then I shouldn't be posting it there.  That's why
Adventure shows are not OK, but minifigs with Boobs are OK.  (Go figure!)

I hear you.  I think that I was more upset by the fact that the complaints
came in while those in the discussions with me were silent.  All of my
original posts were lego-related and my intentions were noble, as you say
sometimes things do get out of hand.  And when a large number of people start
responding to items that are not within the appropriate listing group people
get annoyed and rightfully so.  Still I must defend everyone's right to decide
what is and what is not lego related.  And I think that my original post of
the greatest adventure movies to make lego sets from was amply lego worthy.
TLG thought Star Wars deserved consideration and it did in fact become a
theme, so why is LUGNET reluctant to discuss any others?  If subsequent posts
strayed how can I be responsible?  I need to think on this some more.

Play well,
Mark L

Stay the course....

Gary Istok

Thanks Gary, I will.

Cheers,
Mark L

Mark....

Not one to sit idly by (well...not -usually- <grin>), a relevant thought
occurs to me.  I took the list you assembled to be a matter of research
into -sources of inspiration- for those of us who are interested in this
theme, and not as simply {chatter|traffic} that most of the people who
whined  ^H ^H complained about said list.  It occurs to me that the
designeers of this theme must have watched at least the Indiana Jones
films, else I doubt that they would have selected to do the work involved
in producing the theme.  This is not to say that the printed page may have
influenced them as well <grin>.

Second point:  I trimmed this response to the this group specifically
because this is some validity in not permitting it to 'slop over' into
.general, IMO.  That much I do agree with.

In any case...you did a good job of assembling the list (minus one
error <smile>), and I have a couple of week-ends of most enjoyable video
now programmed as a result.  Thank you, sir.

Cheers,

Roger