 Adventurers / 365
Subject:
Toward LUGNET equality
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 16:19:16 GMT

Adventurers,
   Some here at LUGNET are not too happy with postings put in this group
recently.  That is unfortunate.  A few individuals have deemed that all of us
are not discussing things 100% lego at all times.  Should I be searching for
another forum that would be less constrictive, less exclusive, and more
understanding of posts put up by individuals that want to discuss lego in all
its aspects, not just the nuts and bolts of it.  Lego is half construction and
half artistry, and some here at LUGNET seem to be pushing for a format that
concentrates on the former, as is their right.  It is also the right of
individuals to concentrate on the later. Discussion of anything not strictly
relating to the construction of  models is frowned upon within individually
themed discussion groups by some.  I had thought that LUGNET was for everyone
and every idea but that is proving not to be a ubiquitous ideology.  So am I
to search for a group posting format that will allow for all ideas to be
discussed, no matter how far out they may be, with equanimity?  If individuals
want to discuss anything - creative sources for ispiration, historical
contexts for lego set ideas, building and customization tips, reviews of
products, CAD work, etc.  they should be allowed.  I think that LUGNET may be
a bit slanted toward those individuals who want to design, experiment in
robotics, and revel in all things relating to engineering (judging by posting
numbers).  I see nothing wrong with this as long as there is no exclusion of
other ideas.  Not everything should have to be 100% lego.  I dare say that TLG
doesn't discuss 100% lego in their own meetings.  The addition of the Star
Wars theme proves that TLG does have outside interests.  Why can't LUGNET
users?  Speak out or be silenced.  Those who didn't like the direction this
posting group was taking spoke out to let their opinions be heard.  I am doing
the same.  Everyone that posts here should also.

Play well and cheers to all,
Mark L

Re: Toward LUGNET equality