 Adventurers / 368
Re: Toward LUGNET equality
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 17:29:57 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Mark Lindsey writes:
<snip well thought out commentary>

Mark,
  I don't think most people have a big problem with the topics you've been
discussing.  I think people have had a problem with >where< you've been
discussing them.  As an example, the thread(s) about Adventure movies.  I
personally think its just fine to be talking about that in .adventurers, but
it should not have bleed over into .general.
On the other hand, I can see what some other people have been saying, too.
The last little while, I've been mostly ignoring .adventurers, because while I
like the theme, the topics and discussion there have gone way past my interest
level.  Let me hasten to point out that its not wrong or abnormal - I ignore
.space, .robotics, and .cad, too (well, for the most part).  That's the great
thing about LUGnet - you aren't forced to wade through dozens of posts about
things you aren't interested in to read about the things you are looking for.

Todd, I think a call may in order to review the charters for the themed
discussion groups.  I did a quick skim through a few of them, and the only one
that includes anything other than strict discussion of the product is
.starwars - .castle, .space, and .adventurers all have only "LEGO SYSTEM
(Space™) products" as a guideline, where it's fairly obvious that in all three
groups, there's a whole lot of other discussion going on.  I would suggest
that the charters for the themed groups are changed to be more similar to the
starwars charter:
  LEGO®/Star Wars®: products, licensing issues, fanaticism, etc.

$0.02

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/