 Adventurers / 376
Re: Toward LUGNET equality
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 18:39:20 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Tom Boucher writes:
Ok, Personally, I wasn't into the adventurers movie thing that was floating
around, but then I exercised my 'don't read that section' prerogative and
moved on.

it's not like people are posting for sale stuff, talking about the latest
news thing or what not.  It was an interesting idea to compare the fun
adventurer theme to some of our favorite movies.

I've discovered that in any forum, whether it be legos, model trains,
astronomy, marine fish, etc.   There is always some Johnny (or Jane) come
lately that takes offense and whines.

I'd say F&*K em, but we don't run this.   It's one thing to post openly on a
forum that you think it's inappropriate but another to whine away to the
admins and not post your complaint publicly.

The sad part is it takes one or two whiners to destroy something anymore.
It was a simple thread, it ran it's course and it's finished.   Ignore
threads you don't find interest in, and move on.

Sheesh.

This is the first post that made me laugh all day.  Thanks for the levity Tom.

Mark L