 Administrative / General / 12331
Re: Lugnet should be MORE draconian
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:36:03 GMT

Yes.  nicely put. admittedly a filter can be good but not perfect.
Even if it only catches 50%, it's helped out and that would only leave
the extreme cases for the admins to deal with.  The occasional slip
would be taken care of most of the time.  I think that'd be good enough.

-JSM

David Koudys wrote:

If the code puts ###@%% in for a list of words, then any word that 'slips thru'
would be manually edited such that the word is now #@%#@#.

The code'll catch the 95 percent, thus freeing up admins time for the other 5.

Dave K