 Administrative / General / 12434
Re: Lugnet should be MORE draconian
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2005 06:35:42 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Kelly McKiernan wrote:

I can't wait to see the firestorm if/when LUGNET staff start editing posts
without permission :)

if/when?

Does Lugnet not view editing the FUT editing? This is widley done by the Admins.

I thought if you changed anything about a post than you were editing it. Am I
wrong in this assumption?

I would actually like an aswer to this. I would like to know what is and what is
not considered 'editing' by the Lugnet Admin team.

Well I dunno about any other editing, but I don't consider changing the FUT as
editing, as it is only a suggestion anyway. All they are changing is where
they'd like followups to go - you are still free to override that. And NNTP
admins have had that ability since the dawn of time. Well OK maybe the dawn of
NNTP time.

ROSCO