 Administrative / General / 12305
Re: Lugnet should be MORE draconian
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 23:58:55 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, David Koudys wrote:
-snip-
It needs fixing.  I suggest that codeing'll do it, either as the person posts,
or as people display.  It's been done before in other areas and I think it'll
work here.

Hey Dave,
Thanks for the thoughtful responce.  The effort has been to fully enforce
incidents of cursing, regardless.  I've suggested a few times in enlisting more
people as 'Mods' for whom their sole purpose is seeking out ToU violations and
bringing them to Admin's attention.

The thing about a word filter is that it won't necessarily catch all incidents
of a curse word, in which case we are back to square one again: how do the
Admins deal with posts that break the ToU?  Direct post editting by Admins,
without user consent, is the easiest solution.

-Len

If the code puts ###@%% in for a list of words, then any word that 'slips thru'
would be manually edited such that the word is now #@%#@#.

The code'll catch the 95 percent, thus freeing up admins time for the other 5.

Dave K