 Administrative / General / 12331
    Re: Lugnet should be MORE draconian —Jason S. Mantor
   Yes. nicely put. admittedly a filter can be good but not perfect. Even if it only catches 50%, it's helped out and that would only leave the extreme cases for the admins to deal with. The occasional slip would be taken care of most of the time. I (...) (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Lugnet should be MORE draconian —Leonard Hoffman
   The problem is that we're not dealing with momentary issues where someone mistypes or whatnot. Willy went out of his way to use a cuss, and then went out of his way to obfuscate the Admin's process of dealing with his cuss. A filter won't deal with (...) (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Lugnet should be MORE draconian —Jason S. Mantor
   OK, maybe we really do need two different discussions to happen, but the two are inextricably intertwined. Filters would catch the slips and that'd be a Good Thing(TM). Admins then have to deal with the bad eggs who intentionally try to beat the (...) (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)