 Administrative / General / 12331
  Re: Lugnet should be MORE draconian

Yes. nicely put. admittedly a filter can be good but not perfect. Even if it only catches 50%, it's helped out and that would only leave the extreme cases for the admins to deal with. The occasional slip would be taken care of most of the time. I (...) (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet should be MORE draconian

The problem is that we're not dealing with momentary issues where someone mistypes or whatnot. Willy went out of his way to use a cuss, and then went out of his way to obfuscate the Admin's process of dealing with his cuss. A filter won't deal with (...) (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet should be MORE draconian

OK, maybe we really do need two different discussions to happen, but the two are inextricably intertwined. Filters would catch the slips and that'd be a Good Thing(TM). Admins then have to deal with the bad eggs who intentionally try to beat the (...) (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)