 Administrative / General / 12330
Re: Bye, bye LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:14:38 GMT
(canceled)

Message has 5 Replies:
  Shame on you. (Re: Bye, bye LUGNET & hello world.... )

(...) Essentially, that sounds like a highly subjective judgment. This thread makes it apparent that a number of members have concerns about the Admins' judgment in this area. I think we would be prudent to reconsider our whole approach to this (...) (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)
  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) IMHO, I think the policy is fine. IMHO again, I think the problem that keeps popping up has to do with the (enforcement) mechanism. Seperate the policy from the mechanism. Examine each seperately. Look for alternative ways of enforcing the (...) (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)
  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) And you very well know as a libertarian that one is not responsible for other people's actions. If someone sprays grafitti on a wall, yet I take a picture of that, I am not responsible for the grafitti. Just as if I quote a person who has (...) (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)
  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) What a class act... I suppose the Admins will tell us that Larry's post doesn't technically violate the new (URL) posting guidelines>: Repeated abusive language or personal attacks, i.e. bringing more heat than light to a discussion... also (...) (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX) !!
  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(this is a repost with some inappropriate language and phrasing removed) (...) You posted a post that contained a word that clearly violates the ToU. It matters not whether you quoted it, or what context you used it in, that particular word is one (...) (19 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general) !