 Znap / *157 (-40)
  Re: Technic & robotics-compatible LEGO ZNAP clearance at TRU

3591 does not contain any flex shafts. 3552 and 3571 should each contain two. Dennis (...) -- Dennis Williamson - Certified Y2K Complacent Bad News: The next millenium starts on a Monday. Good News: You get the day off. (remove .NO and SPAM. to (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Technic & robotics-compatible LEGO ZNAP clearance at TRU

"Miles Gentry" <gentrym@gte.net> wrote in message news:Fy128y.Gz6@lugnet.com... (...) while (...) not (...) Good (...) Get (...) on (...) "clearance" (...) I didn't find a flexible drive shaft in this set. Can anyone confirm that it should be (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Znap popularity?

I would like to offer evidence supporting what you said. On the znap set I bout in Livonia MI there is a sticker in like 7 languages. unusual for us legos. the box was also very dusty with a sawdust like dust. "Philip Ogston" (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Technic & robotics-compatible LEGO ZNAP clearance at TRU

TRU in Fresh Pond Shopping Mall (Alewife, MA) had the larger sets (as of yesterday), i.e. #3591, #3552 and #3571 as well as some 3581 Formula Z Car in Storage Box (no motor). I bought a few, but left many (at least 20 I guess). Note that TRU online (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Technic & robotics-compatible LEGO ZNAP clearance at TRU

(...) As of closing time Friday, the south San Jose store hadn't moved the sets or changed the shelf tags. The "self-service" scanners came up with "no price found", but the registers had the clearance prices for the two sets I bought. Ran (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic & robotics-compatible LEGO ZNAP clearance at TRU

(...) Thursday July 20, 2000 6:00 PM the TRU pricer had marked all but 2 sets. None of the sets revealed prices at the bar code scanners available to shoppers, but did produce the sale prices at the check-out scanner. ZNAP sets did not occupy the (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Technic & robotics-compatible LEGO ZNAP clearance at TRU

(...) My experience with Znap has been "mixed". Certainly, I couldn't've done my ferris wheel without those huge 1/8th-circle pieces. But I found it impossible to build a suitable support frame for it with Znap: the plastic is softer than Technic, (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Technic & robotics-compatible LEGO ZNAP clearance at TRU

(...) Do you know WHEN the mark-downs happened? I was at my local TRU this morning and looked at the Znap and there were no marked reductions. (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics)

  Technic & robotics-compatible LEGO ZNAP clearance at TRU

Lego made ZNAP sets about years 1998-1999. Some pieces snap together while others fit with Technic pegs and axles. They make sturdy frames that do not pull apart during movement, especially useful for robotics. Looks like Lego will use TRU to unload (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Znap spotted in Sweden

Finns i Stockholm, Solna, också. Men motor har dessa ju inte. Jari (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.znap)

  Znap spotted in Sweden

...and this time I don't mistake K'nex for being Znap. *blush* Today, I found a bounch of 3505 Aeroplane for SEK 29.00 each (=US$ 3.25), and some 3554 Helicopter for SEK 69.00 each (=US$ 7.75). The find was at Ö&B in Örnsköldsvik, I bought two of (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.znap)

  A trin station canopy

FYI All, I just wanted to post here in case anyone was interested... I posted some pics of a train station canopy made out of ZNAPs on BrickShelf at (URL) (24 years ago, 3-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Who is the REAL Susan Williams? (Re: New Motor from Susan W. (was: Bad motor in ZNAP set!))

(...) She isn't real -- she's just a pseudonym for Consumer Affairs. There is some speculation that Brad Justus isn't real either. :) [ -> lugnet.faq ] (24 years ago, 17-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.general, lugnet.znap, lugnet.faq)

  Who is the REAL Susan Williams? (Re: New Motor from Susan W. (was: Bad motor in ZNAP set!))

This brings up a question many of us don't know the answer to: Who is Susan Williams? Is she real? Does anyone have a picture of her? Did she embrace the Dark Side to stay with TLG as long as she has? These and other arcane questions must be (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.general, lugnet.znap)

  New Motor from Susan W. (was: Bad motor in ZNAP set!)

(...) Just checked the mail today and I found an apology letter with a new 9V motor form LEGO Consumer Affairs. The letter stated they were sorry learn that I had a bad motor, etc, etc and was it was hand signed by Susan Williams. I wonder if Susan (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: What is Znap?

(...) Most impressive! So far all I've done with Znap is used it in Model building. I'm working on a mech (URL) also working on a racer for Mark Sandlin's space builder contest. It's actually finished, but I have no pics yet. I've been a bit too (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.znap)

  Re: What is Znap?

(...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap)

  What is Znap?

Hello, I was wondering.What is Znap? I've heard the term used repeatedly on lugnet groups. Is Znap Lego? Is Znap a Lego lookalike? -==Sergio==-- (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Bad motor in ZNAP set!

(...) we thought about it. We don't keep all the boxes anymore. WAY to many. We keep all the UFO, Castle, Adventures and I think the Ninja. I also keep all my Mindstorm & Train boxes. We have sorted most of our lego. In bins. I guess a shot of our (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Bad motor in ZNAP set!

Dean Husby <nntp@akasa.bc.ca> wrote: ... (...) Your next letter needs a picture of yourself surrounded by those hundreds of Lego boxes. Perhaps it will reassure tptb at tlg that their error performance statistics aren't really that far off in your (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap)

  ZNAP set inventory maker - alpha testing

Would anyone like to try an alpha version of my ZNAP inventory maker? It requires Microsoft Excel version 8 or better to run. It is currently about 340K in size and contains my pictures of the principal Znap parts. I was working on an Access (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Tom, new group for errors?

(...) That correction fixes the placement of electrical cable from the wrong spot on the battery box. No one assembling the model involved would miss that for very long. (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Tom, new group for errors?

(...) I've got one of them for the TEchnic shuttle. It happens. I also got the same one you did in the Znap stuff. That black/yellow car. Makes a great train bridge... Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.znap)

  Re: Bad motor in ZNAP set!

(...) It happens... I've had three bad motors out of 14. Lego promptly replaces them. Though, it seems they do get upset at you if you use their service too much. Between my wife and I we've had about 13 replacements required. (3 were Lego shipping (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Building Belle

Suffering cats, David! This is supercooled. I can't wait to see how it looks when Belle's finished. *smile* -Cheese (...) out, (...) Personally, (...) <snip!> (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.underground, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Codename: Belle

(...) Perhaps Mini-me scale, yes (...) Most definitely-a finger drill perhaps. ;-) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.underground, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Codename: Belle

(...) any of their light and sound drill things on it for effect? :-) ...you can go back to ignoring me now... wubwub stephen f roberts wamalug guy ((URL) Guide ((URL) the wildlink ((URL) #160 (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.underground, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Tom, new group for errors?

"R2" <r2eng@primenet.com> wrote in message news:FvqJn8.A4L@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) these (...) I bought a 3571 at the weekend. When I opened it, I found TLC had included a photocopied correction sheet which corrected an error in the actual (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.znap)

  Building Belle

Belle is a labor of love for me to build. Ever since the Rock Raiders came out, they have been taking so much heat from the Lego community at large. Personally, I think it's the best color scheme (behind M-tron, of course). I decided that such a (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.underground, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic)

  Codename: Belle

To:M-tron Command The M-tron Commandos have discovered that the Rock Raiders are building a mech to combat the Overkill class mech. I only wish we had been able to get a picture of the whole thing, but it isn't completed yet. I pray it never is (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.underground, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic)

  Operation Belle (was Re: First Time Znapper)

(...) As a matter of fact, I have...I'll be posting pics later tonight. THe 'structure' that incorporates Rack Raiders, Znap, Technic, useless insectoid bits, and throwbot parts is actually a very large Mech. (Dwarfs my Mtron mech: Overkill) I'd (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap)

  First Time Znapper

I just bought a Znap trial set to, uh, try it out, and I must say that Znap is certainly interesting... Znap reminds me of Constructs, but smaller, with holes that allow for connections with Technic pins. I wonder, aside from the fantastic train (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Bad motor in ZNAP set!

Just purchased another $20 ZNAP set with the 9V motor. And the motor doesn’t work and the shaft doesn’t rotate all it does is make a buzzing nose. Has anybody else had this problem with 9V motors, this is my second bad motor in two years. I guess (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Pronunciation

(...) I don't know, buckets usually have two minifigs and polybags usually just have one... :-) :-) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Pronunciation

(...) "gaggle"? Shouldn't the collective noun for Lego reps be something like "bucket"? (Although, for a group that small, "polybag" might be more appropriate...) Ran (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Znap Bridge questions

I have used 4 yellow/black rotating bit at the 4 corners to attach the sides to the bottom, and it can fold flat, also 4 purple bits in the middle to join the sides to the base. I also used 4 large triangular black pieces on the side at right angle (...) (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  Re: $20 Znap sets WITH 9V MOTOR !!!

I guess I'll wander through a few more TRU's then. Thanks. -- ~mek~ (remove cc from atkincc to email me) Dean Husby wrote in message <392D7CCC.67494F61@a....bc.ca>... (...) they (...) CANADA (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: $20 Znap sets WITH 9V MOTOR !!!

(...) The TRU here in BC had a whole wall of them. But had a sign stating that they were all there were and that they were not avail at all locations. Since TRU is a US company they get some stuff months before the other CANADA stores. Dean -- (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: $20 Znap sets WITH 9V MOTOR !!!

I have bought a number of Znap sets from the TRU in Utica, NY. They are very well stocked! Haven't checked anywhere else in upstate NY, but you might try calling TRUs in US cities adjacent to the Canadian border to check for supplies. JB (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Znap Bridge questions

I've been looking at the bridge at Matt's Train Depot (URL) built the side pieces but cannot figure out how he attached both sides to each other and the track? Any insights would be valuable. Thanks Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact