 Trains / Search Results: save 9V trains
 Results 1641 – 1660 of about 8700.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Under Hanging Train Idea: v1 Concept design

(...) A possible solution could be soldering a wire on the metal track rail. If you turn a rail upside down, you'll see small gaps with bended metal lips. You can solder there a wire. Let the wire come out on the bottom side of the rail and bend it (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.351)

  Re: Monorail Question

(...) The 9V battery box has an on/off switch. The box is connected to the motor. The motor has a black lever that can be in a total of 3 positions: forward, stop, and reverse. The lever slides between those positions, and can be controlled by the (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.349)

  big spoked wheels

A few questions... The big red spoked wheels you sometimes see in trainmodels, are they from set 396 (URL) ? Is it possible to use these wheels on 9V ? Which other sets contain those wheels? Thanks, Saskia (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.349)

  Re: BrickFest TimeSaver Layout

I have a question. If the points have to be operated manually (assuming 9v not 12v points) and the cars have to be uncoupled manually, what really is the point of a throttle? Move the cars by hand. Before I hear an outcry, think about it. There's (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

9v
(score: 1.349)

  Electrifying stardard trucks

Has anyone made any progress on this? I am in the process of finding/making metal wheels (or a variation thereof) so I can power items directly from the 9v track without going through the standard motorized truck. I have found O gauge wheels (in (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.349)

  Re: Electrifying stardard trucks

Hi Rob, I've converted some LGB and Bachman G scale wheels for use on Lego tracks. You can see some pictures here: - This is an industrial locmotive in 1:20 scale (Technic figure scale, 30 inch gauge): (URL) This is an experiment, a solar powered (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.349)

  Re: Electrifying standard trucks

Hi Rob, Answers to your questions: - I buy all my model railroad stuff from local hobby stores (SF Bay area). - The ones I used are different size than the Lego ones. Wheels are available in all kind of sizes. I think my green engine uses the (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.349)

  Re: BrickFest TimeSaver Layout

(...) Hm... maybe we should subcontract the TS module construction to Steve Ringe. :-) but actually a serious suggestion. His section of the last MichLTC layout had TimeSaver characteristics (although it was more generously sized), automatic (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

9v
(score: 1.349)

  Re: BrickFest TimeSaver Layout

(...) (URL) an index of print (mostly) resources: (URL) here's a page on a UK switching game, Inglenook Sidings: (URL) Yes, typically that is how it is graded, however, I recently learned that (...) I think that's the article I dug out when I looked (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

9v
(score: 1.349)

  Re: Modules, Can You Help? (Was Re: Possible BOO BOO)

(...) Looks like you use the modules as table tops only - do you have any plans to add folding or bolt-on legs? Am I correct in assuming (after browsing some pics from (URL) you use existing tables to set these modules on? I'm kinda running with (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

9v
(score: 1.349)

  Re: Monorail Question

"Adam Murtha" <adammurtha@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:Gvrrut.ECL@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) monorail (...) [ ... snipped ... ] Yes, the monorail is powered by a 9V battery box. There is some information on the monorail system within the Train (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.348)

  Re: The philosophy of manual uncoupling

(...) Yes, it worked quite well. I remember that it is best to have the plunger hit the base of the car just above the magnet to work reliably (also works with the widest diversity of cars). I think all of my test were "bench tests" so I was using a (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.348)

  BrickFest tentative Train agenda

For BrickFest 2002, the following are tentatively planned for Train events: - 9V Train and Town layout - 12V Train layout - 4.5V Train layout - Roundtable discussion on layout design and operation - DCC clinic - Presentation on getting started in (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

9v
(score: 1.347)

  Re: Real-Build Green Hopper, Locomotive, and Instructions (Re: Some Virtual Train building)

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:H2rBqM.Hx3@lugnet.com... (...) they (...) didn't seem to be in any logical order, so I had to import into Access, sort on vertical co-ordinates and re-save as a DAT. I'm sure there used to be a (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

save
(score: 1.346)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

Hmmm, Lot of meat here. I'll try to be brief: I've done about 4/5 complete iterations on my roundhouse and turntable over the last five years. The latest was completed for the PNLTC show at LEGOLand California. Gallary Pictures are at: (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.346)

  Re: James' beautiful Spanish-Brotli-bahn

(...) Glad you like it. Amazing, eh? Well, perhaps that is due in part to a liberal use of non-standard color elements. In particular, I used red 9v train motor decorative side pieces. (LEGO(R) made gray ones. How about a parts accessory pack with (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.346)

  Call for automated 9v train switches at Brickfest 2002

All, To an observer like myself, it seems the state-of-the-art of MOC automated 9v train switches has matured over the last 12-18 months. A lot of people have posted their ideas, pics, and in many cases instructions, on their version of automated 9v (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains) !

9v
(score: 1.345)

  Re: Motorized Switch Point

(...) Lots of threads on this have came and went. My most recent version is: (URL) works off of 0-9v power, any polarity, and signals it's position visually. Ed (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.345)

  Re: Pictures of the SCLTC at the Fullerton Railroad Days

Thanks Timothy! We are very proud of this layout! The curved wall of the Airport terminal was created by the Michon family and I believe they used curved 9v train track. I'm sure Ted or Thomas Michon can fill you in with more detail. Thanks, Robert (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

9v
(score: 1.344)

  Re: Call for expressions of interest: train *operation* get-together

Interest here, Pacific Northwest is a long way from Arkansas, but I think i could get us some place like a church fellowship hall in the St Louis area. Good central location, good air, if there is any interest let me know. You guys in the NW might (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

save
(score: 1.343)

More:  Next Page >>