 Trains / 5772
Re: Yards
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 14:45:27 GMT

Chris,

  Thanks, It looked like a good size. Big enough to get a bunch of different things in it, but not so
big as to make it to big for a room in a house.

Have fun at the show.

Chris

Christopher Tracey wrote:

Christopher Masi wrote:
  Just tool a look at your layout. After a few minutes I thought, "Wow,
that is a pretty big layout." So, how big is it?

It's 10 by ~17 feet.  This is WAMALUG's layout at the Sixth Annual Manassas Railway Festival in VA.
There will be several layouts in all the major
scales and even 'real' trains.  Virginia Railway Express(a local commuter line)
will be sponsoring rail excursions and I think there will be some equipment
brought in by Amtrak and Norfolk Southern.  There will also be live
entertainment, historical renactments, lots of food, etc.

Actually this is going to be a pretty unique experiance for us- the show
takes place in a parking lot.  We have a tent to cover the layout.  Has
any of the clubs ever had a outside event and are there any experiances
you can share?

-Chris