 Trains / 5758
Re: Yards
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 02:44:40 GMT

Chris,

  Just tool a look at your layout. After a few minutes I thought, "Wow,
that is a pretty big layout." So, how big is it?

Thanks,
Chris

Christopher Tracey wrote:

Thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions on designing a yard.
Here is the current plan for the layout.

It's 20 baseplates by 12 baseplates.  Ignore the roadplates under
the rails on the righthand side, they are just placeholders for
the table edges.

The inner loop is for passenger, the outer is freight.  I think
most of the trouble I had designing the yard was that I was trying
to put it inside the loop which didn't give enough space for
the length I was looking for.  I think this one will suit us fine.
If I could make the lead track a little longer it would be better,
but this is pretty good.  I am going to add a few more sidings here
and there and make a few minor changes.

Again thanks for all your advice...
We have more space for the show after this one so maybe we can
incorporate some more of your ideas...

-chris