 Trains / 5725
5724  |  5726
Subject:
Query (was Re: Yards)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 01:15:41 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Tracey writes:
I am trying to design a yard for the next WAMALUG display and I
haven't come up with a decent design yet.

<mondo snippage>

I've been following this thread with vague interest, since I think railyards
are neat, and was wondering...

I work at a major industrial plant, which ships upwards of 70%(1) of it's
product via rail and there is a large rail presence on the site.  I'm not a
trainhead, so apologies if some of my terminology is off.  Around 8 or 10
engines strictly for shunting around, a pair of rail yards, a car wash, an
engine shed (and workshop?) and several loading platforms for various products
in various places (something like a dozen or so).  There's also a bunch of
other things that presumably have other train-related arcane purposes. ;)

Would people be interested in seeing a mocked-up (or scanned, if I can get my
hands on the resources) layout?

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/
I'm getting paid for this --> alladvantage.com
Sign up via me, the reference $$ go to fund Lugnet.

1:Guesswork based on how many trains I see coming and going, versus how many
trucks I see coming and going.  I might be out to lunch.