 Trains / 3780
Re: New mod to double decker passenger train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 14:43:58 GMT

On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, Larry Pieniazek (<3889AFA6.279A1D8F@voyager.net>)
wrote at 13:24:54

Do you mean his 8wides? I tend to agree, and it wasn't till recently
that I realised it... 8wides make modeling too easy, you get more room
to work in. That's fundamentally what bothers me, he's cheating.

Or do you mean the fact that US proto are larger? In that case I don't
agree... larger whole does not mean larger parts, it means more of them.
There is as much fine detail present in a US proto (that you mostly have
to skip or elide or compress) as there is in a euro proto.

The latter, I'm afraid :-)  I don't think John's cheating: just playing
to a different set of rules.

I must confess to the attraction of 8 wide. Although 10 wide would be
better. And for British stock :-)

The thing that bothers me about John's stuff that I've seen in pictures
is that the windows of the passenger stock look too small. This may be
subjective, as I'm not familiar with American trains, but I don't think
train windows are big enough for the job.
--
Tony Priestman