 Trains / 3766
Re: New mod to double decker passenger train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 02:53:57 GMT

Welcome back, James:-)

The first time I saw your red double decker I wondered to myself what the sloped
red window would look like instead of the slanted glass pieces.  Perhaps the angel
is too sharp.  At the very least it would give you nice separation from window to
window.  I also am a huge fan of the 1x1x1.3 half round brick (and its bigger
brother, the 1x4x1.3).  These would give you a nice smooth, rounded look to your
roof.  The proto you chose doesn't exactly lend itself to modeling in LEGO
either....

BTW, when are you going to forsake the Eurotrash and start modeling some real
trains?;-) <Running, to the tune of "The Star Spangled Banner">

-John

James Mathis wrote:

I sure am glad every else keeps posting interesting items to this trains group.

I've been pretty uninpired lately.  Thanks for keeping the reading good.

I've just got a modification to my model of a German red double decker
passenger train car and control cab.  The mod is for the roofline.  Nothing
much, but it's about all I have done these past 3 months.

See it, if you want, at:

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/bilevel.html

later,
James Mathis