 Trains / 3792
Re: New mod to double decker passenger train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 00:01:00 GMT

John Neal wrote:

lol Fundamentally you don't know what you're talking about;-)  No, building
*smaller* is easier I'm afraid.  You have a lot fewer options building smaller, and
thus less possibilities for creative building.

My point seems to have been missed here. The smaller you build, the more
creativity is required, because you are more constrained. Microfig scale
is very very tough and requires extreme creativity because you really
really need to know your pieces backwards and forwards in order to come
up with arrangements that evoke the look you want.

To a certain extent, I would argue that Miniland scale is actually quite
easy. Your palette is much richer for a given detail resolution.

So I would say that given the exact same prototype, a 6 wide version of
it that gets people to say "I recognise that" is harder to do than an 8
wide version, and it is *precisely* because in 8 wide scale you have
more choices, more possibilities to choose from to evoke a particular
detail.

Another analogy. If you have a 16 x 16 pixel image space to work with,
getting a recognisable image out, any image, no matter what the subject
matter, is hard. It takes great creativity and a keen sense of what to
elide and what you must include. If you have 100 x 100, it is much
easier, even though you have so many more pixels to make choices about.

So in conclusion, clearly YOU don't know what you're talking about. As
usual.
--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!