 Trains / 26052
Re: NR-75 - The Ghan (The way it should have been done ;-) )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2005 11:43:37 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Samarth Moray wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Jan-Albert van Ree wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Samarth Moray wrote:
   As most of you know, it was my end of the 24 Hour Build Challenge deal to build a Ghan in 8 wide. So here it is: I’m pretty happy with the overall design; Tim says it’s not as high as it should be, but I figured figs are short to begin with so that was okay. LMK what you all think.

Samarth Appologies for any misunderstanding Tim Emailed me about it :)) That is the best photo of the Ghan I have seen and I have seen them all that one as well a good shot of NR74 and NR75 in trail. There are only 3 locomotives that pull that train and those are the main 2.

I work for Queensland Rail and am heavily into building QR locomotives at the moment for our train club BLTG (Brisbane Lego Train Group) Tim has been an inspiration to my building effort so you can understand why I jumped to his defense Sorry.

Cheers Peter