 Local / Australia / 13603
Re: NR-75 - The Ghan (The way it should have been done ;-) )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 23:59:42 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Peter Parsons wrote:

   Well it looks great in render but a few small inaccuracies. The NR75 is actually named after Steve Irwin and has the name above the NR75 number.

I was aware of that, but was too lazy to include it. It took two days to render so I’m in no hurry to repeat it for the sake of a sticker.

   On the port side facing forward just back between the cab and the start of the Radiator canopy a decal of Steve is there with a smile.

How do you know it isn’t there? You can’t see that side. ;) Actually it isn’t there, but considering the trouble Tim went to to make the camel logo, I don’t think it’s something that can be easily achieved - perhaps adding it within POVray itself, but I’d have to figure out how to do that, and well, you know, lazy.

   Other than that nice CAD job I might even take the handrail idea and revamp NR74 to run with my 75 as there is only 2 in the livery.

Cool.

   Perhaps you guys should now try and build them in the flesh as well??

I’ll leave that to Swami. I’ve got more interesting projects in mind than building a mere train. ;)

Cheers,

Allister