 Trains / 26049
Re: NR-75 - The Ghan (The way it should have been done ;-) )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2005 06:45:46 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote:

   Hi Peter,

Thanks for the defense but don’t worry about the heading. It was a joke between Samarth and myself. I was actually the other end of the 24hr build challenge and we’ve been having a mini scale war off Lugnet for a while.

Of course the biggest joke is that Swami has the wrong scale ;)

Scaling is sooo complicated. It’s hard stuff for me to understand. So I skip all the fancy measurements (or rather use them only as guidelines) and use my eyes to judge how big a model should be or where so-and-so grille should be placed in relation to so-and-so window. That being said, It was Tim here that said 50x8 sounded ‘about right’ back in JChat ;-)

Legoswami