 Trains / 25034
Re: Nominations for a trainset poll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2005 05:50:37 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mark Bellis wrote:

I think a 3-truck Shay would also make a lovely set: http://www.cassrailroad.com/images/num_2i.jpg A log wagon could go with it. I have a prototype chassis with BBB wheels and working transmission shafts, though the engine space is a bit of a squash!

I doubt a Shay would be possible in 6 wide - even with non working shafts, they have to be beside the wheels, requiring at least 8 wide. I found the minimum practical scale was 10 wide.

ROSCO