 Trains / 25009
Re: Nominations for a trainset poll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 5 May 2005 14:56:37 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   choice 1:

Loco: NS late model GE road unit (EMD has been overrepresented between the ATSF warbonnet F and the BNSF GP)... preferably one with radiator flares, I’m not picky about which one. Make sure it has thoroughbred (prancing horse) stickers for the logo, in several sizes.

I like your thinking here, but I question the road for color reasons. Black? Boring.

Fair cop. But read on for why I chose NS.

   How about a U boat (not too wild about the model, but, <drool>, NAVY:-d)

That’s a broken image link but I’m guessing it’s a MoPac engine??? I agree it’s a nice color AND they have a great logo... BUT... they’re a Fallen Flag!... I’m talking current roads here.

Plus, good luck getting permission from UP for the rights. They’re pretty tough, rumour has it they just started sueing people again). I named off NS because they’re reputed to be easy to work with (they were when I contacted them anyway)...

CSX, the other major “big 4” road, has less coal traffic than NS (but still enough to run unit trains)... how do you feel about blue/yellow/gray???