 Trains / 24550
Re: What if.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 8 Mar 2005 19:52:58 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.trains, David VinZant wrote:

Currently I have 5 holes in the train plate. They are 4 studs from the end of
the plate as it is on the normal 6x24/28 plates. Are you suggesting I should put
two more?

No, 6 more, for a total of 11. I'd take holes all teh way to the ends! I often
do trucks that don't use bogie plates and instead use the 2x2 tile with center
technic pin, so I can offset the truck pivot (for ability to get around curves
better) a ways from th truck center.

I think with the open end it would lead to a weaker structure. Also it would
lend the part to go only one way. I will make a mod to show it with out one
side. And see what people think.

But the part is symmetric, so the open end always points inward. This lets you
extend the truck frame inwards a bit if you have to instead of being up agaist
the edge of the part.

The weakness would be minor and worth the tradeoff, in my view.

But you're the part designer so hey... have at it.

I really like all this feedback. Its like were all in a room with as many LEGO
bricks as we want. And were building the best MOC to have been created. :)

Alright, I made some changes and opened one end of the plate. I also ran the
holes the length of the train plate. I put the new .DAT file up for anyone and
made a quick build up of a lowboy.

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/8215

That will have the file and the new picture.

Dave

www.GPLR.org