 Trains / 24537
Re: What if.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 23:44:15 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Samarth Moray wrote:
In lugnet.trains, David VinZant wrote:
it would alow people to make longer trains by not limiting you to the
current train plates.

I think this is certainly an interesting idea, but I don't follow this specific
point. I think that although the current bases have their limits, they're easy
enough to work around as far as lengths go. I think a good articulation is more
important in making longer trains than the size of a train base.

Legoswami

Its funny that you mention articulation, as that was sort of the resion why I
came up with this idea. Here is a picture that shows why.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/legotrains/What-If/example.jpg

As some of you know my TGV is a 10ft long articulated train. I wanted to make
the cars for my TGV longer by 4 studs. But I found that the 2x6 plate method
would not work. As the 2x2 round would not connect as it lands on the end of the
train plate. (2x2 round shown in the plates for effect.)

Also building up the train cars is not an option as it would require a large
amout of Gray plates that I dont have. So I thought what if I had a 6x12 train
plate. I could solve my problem and make the car just a few studs longer.

I hope that made it alittle clear as to why.

Dave

www.GPLR.org