 Trains / 24538
Re: What if.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 8 Mar 2005 03:24:54 GMT

In lugnet.trains, David VinZant wrote:
Hello all

I have this idea for a what if part. Its a 6x12 train base plate. I think it
would have some advantages over the standard 6x24 and 6x28 base plates. First
off, it would alow people to make longer trains by not limiting you to the
current train plates. For you 8 widers out there, it would alow for a stronger
connection for trucks.

I would really like some feed back on this.

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/8215

So if you got the time head on over to my MOC's page. It has a nice picture of
the part, and a copy of the .DAT file.

Very intersting idea!

I am not myself a fan of skirted trucks, I like the built up effect you get by
using plates and technic plates. But for some applications they make a lot of
sense, and I think your one end part might be very useful.

To increase its usefulness I suggest:

- extend the holes farther in both directions
- leave off the end on one side so that it would mate with a recessed plate.

Thanks for taking the time to work this up. Spotlighted.