 Trains / 24303 (-20)
  Train Bases

Okay, I have a question for the 8-wide builders here. I'm pretty sure you must be having a sizeable number of 6 x 24 and 6 x 28 train bases leftover from offical sets because you don't use them. So what do you do with all of them? Legoswami Samarth (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  [Press Release] BayLTC to Lecture at MoAH

For immediate release: Contact: Ellen Harrington 650-321-1004 "LEGO® Trains: Only Imagination Required" & "Thomas & Friends in LEGO" Palo Alto, CA: Feb 1 ­ On Wednesday, February 16, 2005 Kenny Paul will be presenting "LEGO® Trains: Only (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  [Press Release] BayLTC at Santa Clara Convention Center

For Immediate Release Contact: Russell Clark rclark@telis.org 408.605.5412 (cell) SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA - The Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLTC) is pleased to announce that we will be displaying at the Train Collectors Association Cal-Stewart (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Packing the Mountain

I took the mountain apart tonight and made some sequential pictures. Some of the boxes are a little snug so I use pieces of a cut up bed sheet to lower the sections in and lift them out. All total it's 17 boxes and 8 table sections. It took about (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Connecting monorail cars

"Bryan Kinkel" <helpdesk@loseyourmind.com> wrote in message news:IBKAzK.o3C@lugnet.com... (...) There are a number of threads on this topic, I myself have built three, four, and six car versions of the Airport Shuttle. I have had great results with (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motor cutouts (was Re: Vincent Veneman: AMAZING building)

(...) I've had one motor where the cutout failed. After removal it worked fine. I now remove all of these on my DCC conversions. And rely on the overload protection on the decoder. I was also experimenting with swapping the can motor from a dead (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Question about LEGO train motors

(...) I converted 2 of my motors to DCC. And I tapped the pinion gears closer to the motor on bothe. But One of my gearbox still made ratcheting sounds. I'm wondering if it's the gears, or is it the motor combined with DCC? Mat (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Connecting monorail cars

(...) I beleive people have used these [LDrawPart 3183:0] [LDrawPart 3730:0] [LDrawPart 3184:0] [LDrawPart 3731:0] and possibly this [LDrawPart 2508:0] to get more distance between cars for the corners. The non-truck end of the third car then rests (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Connecting monorail cars

(...) William Howard is the expert on this, but I think he used 2x2 plates with ball-and-socket connectors to attach the back of one monorail base to the front of another. Jason Railton (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Connecting monorail cars

I recently won an auction for a 6399 Airport Shuttle. I'm really happy to have finally obtained this set. Digging through my unsorted parts bin, I discovered that I have an extra 4x20 monorail base. But I cannot figure out how to incorporate a third (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  wife's MOCs

Here are some MOCs built by my wife. They are a flower shop, a bakery, an outdoor BBQ restaurant, a fruit & vegetable stand, a Victorian garden, and a zoo. (URL) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !

  Two small stores

Here are a couple of stores that I have been bringing to various shows for close to 2 years now. I finally got around to doing photo shoots for my web site. (URL) Will's Grill>: (4 URLs) Pete's Pets>: (3 URLs) They each fit on a 16x32 baseplate, and (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Motor cutouts (was Re: Vincent Veneman: AMAZING building)

(...) That's why my big diesels have 2 motors without question. It also makes life easier if both bogies are the same (not for class 28 CoBo!). Big steam engines have 2 motors under the tender, plus any extra ones for driving the wheels. Small steam (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  10001 out the door?

I went to the Colorado Mills Lego outlet store on Friday and noticed a shipment of 10001’s that just arrived. I asked the sales person when he received them in and he said a couple of days ago! I purchased a 10133, and a 10027 and as I was walking (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A lil' Mountain with10 Tunnel Portals

(...) Hi Mark, I'm going to be boxing the mountain module up this week for a show we're doing in two weeks. I will snap some pictures and post them so you can see how everything goes together. I use smaller tables set on top of the base tables with (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Vincent Veneman: AMAZING building

I'd agree with Mark that technic figs are about 1/20 scale. My metre guage stuff works out at about 1/25 and there are a bit big and my two foot guage stuff at 1/16 and they are definately a too small. Having said that, the figs on this model look (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Vincent Veneman: AMAZING building

(...) I probably should stick to things I can understand better. But still, its a nice calculation! (...) This is one thing I pondered about too. With the way they are displayed on his table, it would seem that they were display models. Yet the (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A lil' Mountain with10 Tunnel Portals

(...) Oooh - that's tricky. I bet viewers spend a lot of time watching to see where the trains are going to appear next! That's always good fun. Thanks! (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Vincent Veneman: AMAZING building

(...) I had thought that technic figures were about 1:20 scale, similar to the 18-wide trains at Legoland, but as with minifigures, you can get away with a range of scales and just assume average people are a bit taller or shorter! I see there's one (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A lil' Mountain with10 Tunnel Portals

(...) I see you have 2 crossovers behind the scenes, one on the green track and one on the yellow. I like the way it enables you to put more tunnel portals in view of the audience. Of course turning round in a small space is essential, not something (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact