 Trains / 20296
Re: Even more Wow!! for your buck!!! was Re: Woo Hoo!!!!! (part deux...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 14:10:46 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Mario DeFacendis wrote:
the insulated gap.  What is a big headache, however, are the switches--the train
invariably ends up losing comunication across the switches at any speed.
Doesn't happen all the time, but half the time the engine just shudders thru the
switch--and only on the turn--the straight thru seems to be less of a problem.
I have wired it up such that both sides are 'live' at all times, no matter where
the switch is, but still the train shudders thru half the time.

An easy solution to this is to have two locomotives in the train, each tuned to
the same DCC channel.  If one loco loses communication, the other will push it
through the bad spots...

That probably why real trains have two locos, right? :)

Mario

Going to try that tonite--I own only 4 loco motors, and 3 are now converted to
DCC.  Hopefully I'll get my hands on about 3-4 more motors and convert 'em.

But tonight I'll run 2 motors on one engine on one DCC channel and test that.  I
think it should work flawlessly, from what I've seen, but surprises often happen
;)

Keep ya posted!

Dave K