 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7525
Re: Woo Hoo!!!!! (part deux...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 15:35:05 GMT

My controllers were ultra tiny and cost me 44.95 per at Modellers Choice in
upper Hamilton (Upper James b/w Rymal and Stonechurch for those interested)
THey have lots in stock--a 25 dollar one, but the length of that barely fit
inside the motor and I didn't want to pry it in there--so I went with the
smaller one--it's like 8 mm by 15 mm--so tiny.

I figure I'll probably by a DN121 or similar N scale decoder for our next pack
conversion.

The DN121's (in fact, any DN series) decoders can be a tad long for fitting
crosswise.  However, the good news is it is not the PCB that is long, but the
heat shrink.

Therefore, my suggestion is to gently cut the end of the heat shrink with a
sharp knife.  (not the end with the wires!!!!!!!)

James Powell