 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7478
Re: Woo Hoo!!!!! (part deux...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 23:01:12 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott wrote:

David Koudys wrote:

<snip>

Dave K

for Iain-- ;)¬

Well, that's 3 motors.  That's all the microcontrollers I purchased.  I only
have 4 motors anyway... Might have to work that thing out with Jeff E for more.

I'm thinking you might get credit for swapping a DCC motor for one
without, Mister handy-with-an-iron. :)

<snip>

Seriously, the hardest part is getting all those plastic tabs off the bottom so
you can get the thing open.

My controllers were ultra tiny and cost me 44.95 per at Modellers Choice in
upper Hamilton (Upper James b/w Rymal and Stonechurch for those interested)

THey have lots in stock--a 25 dollar one, but the length of that barely fit
inside the motor and I didn't want to pry it in there--so I went with the
smaller one--it's like 8 mm by 15 mm--so tiny.

The deoder also has just the wire-outs needed for the DCC conversion--no extra
wires at all--and the colour codes matched the walk-thru converson on Tom Cooks
page:

http://www.lgauge.com/trains/dcc/dcc.htm

Still trying to get the motors on different channels--not really working for me
at this time... but it's the weekend and I will prevail.

Oh, I was going to say, you give me the motor and the microcontroller and I'll
do it, no charge (well, minimal charge--we''ll work something out) :)

Oh, for Jeff, this is limited to like  5 and under per customer... ;)

Dave K

<http://sparky.i989.net/
<http://sparky.i989.net/image1.jpg>>¬
[Sparky's Space]--Where {Sparky} has his {Space}