 Trains / 19991
  Parts I wish TLC made

Had to do it :) (URL) (21 years ago, 4-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Parts I wish TLC made

(...) how long do you you think it would take before people started griping about them being POOP? My guess is about 1.3 seconds. (21 years ago, 4-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Parts I wish TLC made

(...) He's right ya know... (...) Mine's probably about .57seconds :P <-- Minifig sticking his tounge out! Parts I wish TLC (still) made: x81 with/without windshield 4216 ((URL) ((URL) ((URL) ((URL) C. (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Parts I wish TLC made

(...) For reference: (URL) then click on the PDF or powerpoint from what is currently the third entry in the library: Title: 9V Track Geometry Modifications Author: Ben Fleskes Abstract: Ben Fleskes' Track Geometry Presentation from BricksWest 2003. (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Parts I wish TLC made

Hi ! Thanks for the link. Very interesting. Convergent technology :) Slightly different approach - very similar result. Ben only neglected one vital caveat. The actual metal rail joints have to be very very well burnished to ensure they don't have (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Parts I wish TLC made

(...) Most Excellent!! I look forward to using these pieces on future LUCNY layouts. [1] Our club has absolutely no reservations about using any modified pieces made by John or other members. Other clubs may feel differently, but we think they (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Parts I wish TLC made

(...) Yes. I believe he covered that in audience questions at his presentation. Thanks again for sharing! (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Parts I wish TLC made

(...) Whoops. Not being a Train collector, I didn't actually realize that these were customized parts. I had to track down images of the switching rails and curved rails so I could count the ties (there are 5 missing between the switching tracks on (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Parts I wish TLC made

(...) If I understand the concern above correctly, using the switches like this does not effect the usage of regular switches to make sidings and such if the switches that are modified are used together to make a true crossover. I hope it's ok to (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Parts I wish TLC made

Congrats on the 20,000th post to .trains! Wow, 20,000 posts! That's a lot of info. (...) I think it is OK to post such a link (to a closed auction) since it's for information use and you don't have a conventional site. In future if you do auction (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Parts I wish TLC made

(...) *snip* (...) Hi Jeff - I remember your Nova switching yard site well. I have a bunch of O-scale Kadee couplers attached to LEGO plates based on your ideas from several years ago, and now I shudder because I showed them to John last weekend! (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 20,000 .trains posts

(...) And just how many of the 20,000 are from Larry? <grin> JohnG, GMLTC fut lugnet.larry ;-) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Parts I wish TLC made

(...) I would also have bid, had I known about these. Unfortunately, I don't check market.auction very regularly. Would it have been permissible (TOS-wise) to say in .trains, "I just built these new custom switches. Also, I'll be auctioning them (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Parts I wish TLC made