 Trains / 19934
Re: drawbridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:11:35 GMT

In article <HE2GCL.1r64@lugnet.com>,
"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote:

In lugnet.technic, Rick Clark writes:
Nice! But I think the link is this one:

In lugnet.technic, Bob Kojima writes:
hi everyone,

a friend asked me to build a drawbridge for a train display.  so this is=20
what i came up with:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=3D42077

Wow! Nifty. That's a nice big one! Where was it shown? Proto pics available
or did you work from memory or?

Did you have any challenges in keeping the two motors sychronized? That's
been a bugaboo for others, that one side or the other raises a bit too fast
and skews things.

I think this is my fave shot:

And thanks Rick for de-"URL Encoding" the link... Undecoded it leads to one
of Kevin's pages, and Kevin L. gets enough publicity as it is. :-)

That is a nice bridge, but I was chiming in to comment on
syncronization...

Has anyone tried using a single motor, and putting the motor in the
span? I know it isn't prototypical, but if the motor was in the span,
and the string/chain was drawn into the span by a single motor, then the
span would pull itself up evenly. This was just a thought, I haven't
tried it.

My lift bridge used a single motor, and I put a drive shaft across the
top to provide power to both sides of the lifting mechanism. I never got
around to trying an alternate design.

http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/lego/bridges/bridge.htm

Chris

---