 Trains / 16029
Re: Track Designer Registry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 23:56:10 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Don Heyse writes:
In lugnet.trains, Martin Scragg writes:
It has been a few weeks now since the subject of track designer updates was
brought up, has anything come out of it yet?  Has anybody heard anything new
from Matt about releasing the source code to individuals, sourceforge or
whatever?

Huh?  I could swear that just a few weeks ago you recommended waiting
around patiently for something to happen.
http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=15766
Well the thread had only been quite for a day or two, and I figured that
Matt would need a least a week to sort things out, so I wasn't worried at
that stage.

Well, he was waiting.. but now perhaps he's wondering whether the necessary
first step is going to happen or not? That step is Matt (or whoever?)
finding the code, right, not setting up the SourceForge project.
That is correct, I thought that Matt may have said that he had found it by
now, and given it to someone.  I didn't expect him to set up a sourceforge
account or anything like that.

But you still could do that anyway, ne?
I presume that is probably the best thing to do with it, that way it won't
get lost.  It still may be better to wait for Matt to come up with the code
before we do this step.  I don't think it takes very long to set up an
account on sourceforge.

Martin (Still waiting, just a little bit anxious!)