 Trains / 13764
Re: Gray VS. Black Metroliner Nose
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 20:43:42 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton writes:

<snip>

But please note, I DID say "that's cute" not "that's a big brawny beefy
serious engine you got there" like I would if it was a modern, practical,
economical, easy to maintain sort of engine, like... a diesel.

I'd actually say that WAS a brawny beefy loco (i know thats not what you
mean larry!) I think that british locos (both steam and diesel/electric) are
harder to reproduduce because they have all their pipework etc hidden away,
thus there are less fiddly 'details' that can give a model its character. So
having said that i think you have captured it well, nice one

Tim