 Trains / 13702
Re: Gray VS. Black Metroliner Nose
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 14:39:33 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Dean Husby writes:
I just built my Metroliner. Fun!

But I'm not so sure I like that black nose, what is the general feeling
on this?

Should my <-> company paint (Change out) the black nose for a more
conventional gray?

My company did it once, but the philosophy changed later...

I think now: there are Lego sets and if it is a design by TLC, then I will have
it in the way it was meant. Even if it is an "ugly" design (as sets 7720
engine), it is not my job to improve it.

If I want better trains, I build MOCs (mainly after existing real life
prototypes) while I see no sense in design improvements any more.

But this point of view has of course to do with the size of your collection. If
you have only 2 trains a design change might be the best idea. If you have 50++
train sets, there is enough to have both the sets of TLC and your own designs.
(Why would one also have a mixture of both?)

Leg Godt!

Ben

(The company bought some gray nose parts last year. Lucky...)

Thoughts?

Dean