 Trains / 13769
Re: Gray VS. Black Metroliner Nose
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 06:35:34 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton writes:

Anyway, it's a diesel, so it'll look ugly whichever one you use.  :-)

c /ugly/elegant and efficient/

Grow up, people. Steam lost. It costs too much.

Yikes! Did you mean for your response to Jason's joke to sound so
venomous? I didn't think the discussion was intended to upset.

Also, for die-hard, steam fans, steam may have lost, but it's far from
dead, and who knows, it seems it could still make a comeback! Check it
out: Modern steam locomotive developments:
http://www.steam.demon.co.uk/trains/modern.htm

And if you want to ride a steam train in the US (Steam railways are
noted):
States A-M
http://www.railsusa.com/tourist.shtml
States N-Z
http://www.railsusa.com/tourist2.shtml

Or see a steam train somewhere in the rest of the world (often still in
operation!):
http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/steam/internat.htm#Country

How cool is that?

Rick C.