 Trains / 13765
Re: Mindstorms Automatic Train Control Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 21:30:52 GMT

Hello all,
Thanks for your help. I am back with more questions. First, is it possible to
use scout computers like the one in this auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1653386680
to control trains instead of the RCXs? Is looks like they're a lot cheaper, but
are they not as good as the RCX? Also, I am wondering if I could make my subway
layout a little more complicated without needing a lot of extra RCXs and stuff.
My idea is to have two tracks at the end of the layout, and then have two more
tracks for the rest of the layout. In other words, the inner tracks will go all
the way down the layout, but the outer tracks will terminate about 3/4 of the
way down. I want to run two local trains on the outer tracks and two express
trains on the inner tracks. Would it be possible for me to have  my local
trains stop at stations that my express trains don't stop at? Or would I need
to throw too many RCXs into my shopping cart to do this? Thanks again for your