 Trains / 13727
Re: Mindstorms Automatic Train Control Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 06:46:08 GMT

I am glad to know there are more fans like to create automation train layout.

I think you need RCX to control tracks, not stations or trains, you can get
some ideas from my page http://legchina.virtualave.net

The RIS1.0 is the best if you use them in layout. You also need to use legOS
for programming so that you can smoothly control trains's speed, the train
can't stop at right position if you use standard firmware.

Zhengrong

In lugnet.trains, David Niemann writes:
Hello,
I am building a Lego subway line and I want to try to automate it. I am new to
Mindstorms and I do not know how to get started. I saw there are now several
starter sets, and three versions of the RIS. What I want to do is run 3-4 two
car trains simultaneously on my two track layout, having them automatically
speed up, slow down, and stop at each station for a few seconds. I might also
try having a switch track at the end of the line change direction each time a
train enters and leaves that station (so the train can cross to the other track
at the terminal station). Does this all sound possible? If so, which set would
be the best for me to start with? Will I need a seperate RCX for each train?
Also, I seem to remember reading something about the RIS version 1 having an AC
adapter and the RIS 1.5 and RIS 2 needing batteries. I think it said the RIS 1
could control a train stationarily, but the RIS 1.5 or 2 would need to be
onboard the train. Is this true?

David