 Town / 624
  Unique nose piece for an airplane

I want to create an 8 stud wide jet, which is double the width of the normal airplanes made by Lego. I've created the basic shape, but am having problems with finding a nosecone which would work. The new StarWars sets have really helped creating a (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Unique nose piece for an airplane

(...) Scott, Yesterday I built a pretty good model of a 737 jet using only basic bricks and plates (I think its width was twelve studs) I suggest you not use any specialized pieces, instead try using bricks and plates, they look realistic (But a bit (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Unique nose piece for an airplane

(...) I was hoping to avoid that, but may have no choice. I didn't want the model to get too big and bulky, I want to still be able to park it in my 6392 airport. Scott (24 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Unique nose piece for an airplane

(...) Well then you might find Joe Davenports design inspiring... (URL) that helps! Erin -- (24 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Unique nose piece for an airplane

Well Scott, I made a space shuttle model for my 6th grade science class that used the tower top from the Black Knight's Castle as the nose cone...of course, somebody stole it. (Not the shuttle, just the nose cone!!) So how about some steep sloped (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Unique nose piece for an airplane

(...) Take a look at (URL). Especially, look at Version 3 of these beautiful Japanese bullet trains. Cheers, Hao-yang Wang (24 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.town)

  Millennium City

Well, here it finally is, the Millennium City(1) webpage. Like the Death Star in "Return of the Jedi", the Millennium City page while operational is far from complete. Currently only the City Tours page is working but it includes over 30 images of (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.general)

  Re: Millennium City

"And there was much rejoicing!" ("yaaay...") cool :) -- Paul Davidson, aka Tinman www.theforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Star Wars www.filmforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Film News Sanjay D'Souza <Sds87@hotmail.com> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.general)

  Re: Unique nose piece for an airplane

Maybe combine a 4 or 6-wide nose piece with some of those 2x3 wedge pieces. -- Paul Davidson, aka Tinman www.theforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Star Wars www.filmforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Film News Scott Runkle <runkle@uscom.com> wrote in (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Millennium City

(...) Looks great! However, the images, especially the map are quite large. I think the map would best be saved as a gif file instead of jpg. Since the file was already a kpg, I couldn't make it into a nice gif, but here's a file showing how much (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Millennium City

Sanjay D'Souza wrote in message <38B70357.C4D5F27F@h...il.com>... (...) <SIGH.> All those tiles. All those town sets that I never owned. All those trees! You realize, of course, that I hate you now.<g> A truly spectacular job. I love the detailing (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.general)

  Re: Millennium City

Brian Sauls wrote in message ... (...) The city took 18 months to plan. From the time I tore down my previous 6x5 roadplate town in Jan 1998 to the time I constructed Millennium City in October 1999. The city plan grew as I purchased more and more (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Millennium City

(...) <snip> (...) <snip> Sanjay, I hope you are aware of the fact that I too hate you now. Your collection of sets outnumbers mine by far. I have been collecting since around 1987, yet I only have about half of your collection. The work you are (...) (24 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Millennium City

Kyle Henneberque wrote in message ... (...) From now on I'll be watching my back ;-) To be honest I've kept a few things under wraps. I've done a George Lucas and started with part 3 of City Tours and I'm working my way back to parts 1 and 2. The (...) (24 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Millennium City

Re: Millennium: All good stuff, Maynard! I'm doing my first town. Since it has acquired one or two emerging characters, I thought of doing a day-in-the-life walkthrough. Sort of a Bill and Mary episode. This would supplement the do-it-yourself (...) (24 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.town)

  Town on wheels (was Re: Millennium City)

Sanjay D'Souza wrote in message ... <snip> (...) Has anybody actually done this? I was wondering how to make a large city (other than to stop turning my Lego room into a nursery) that was completely accessible without being a huge doughnut. Not (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Town on wheels (was Re: Millennium City)

How much city are you going to build? I decided last year that my town would be long and skinny. That way it could be parked out of the way atop a bookshelf. Talk about Main Street! For now, I am trying to keep baseplates separable. One of my ideas (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

Erik Olson wrote in message ... (...) My original intentions were to usethe extra bedroom, about 12'x13'. I wanted to build 4' wide tables (read that as plywood on sawhorses) with roughly a 4'x4' hole in the middle with a cutout for the doorway. I (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Town on wheels (was Re: Millennium City)

(...) The baseplates are 10" each, so they would overhang by 2" on a 48" sheet. I have ply on the floor of my lego room. The major portion of my city is on the floor, with a shelf hung on the walls at about 48" high, with a opening for the door. (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Town on wheels (was Re: Millennium City)

I guess I should put my two cents in... (...) the door.>> You see, this is the beauty of painting the roads and grass for a city instead of using baseplates. You guys have to worry about creating enough room for baseplates. If you put baseplates on (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)